Our Fundraising Pledge
The Bethany Childrenâ€™s Trust takes seriously the importance of modelling honesty and integrity in all our fundraising activities. We promise to follow these guiding principles:
We will commit to high standards
- We will adhere to the Fundraising Code of Practice.
- We will comply fully with the law as it applies to charities and fundraising.
- We will strive for best practice in fundraising and we will register with the Fundraising Regulator, when we are invited to do so.
We will be clear, honest and open
- We will be clear about who we are and what we do.
- We will tell the truth and not exaggerate.
- We will always use your financial support for the maximum possible benefit of children at risk.
- We will always do what we say we will do with the donations we receive, and we will give you frequent examples of how your investment in our work is changing young lives.
We will be respectful
- We will respect your rights and privacy. We will never share your data or sell it.
- We will never pressure you to give more than you are comfortable with giving.
- We will never contact you about anything, unless you have given your express consent. (Or unless it is a legal requirement for us to do so.)
- If you tell us that you donâ€™t want us to contact you in a particular way, we will not do so. We will work with the Telephone, Mail and Fundraising Preference Services to ensure you donâ€™t receive specific types of communication, if you donâ€™t want to.
We will be fair and reasonable
- We will treat donors and the public fairly, showing sensitivity and adapting our approach depending on your needs.
- We will take care not to use any images or words that cause unnecessary distress or anxiety.
We will be accountable and responsible
- We will ensure that your money is being put to good use, through strong working relationships with our partners and regular monitoring and evaluation reports from them.
- We will be accountable to our trustees, the Charity Commission, the Fundraising Regulator and you â€“ for how we operate, how we treat you and how we use your donations.
- If you are unhappy with anything weâ€™ve done whilst fundraising, you can contact us to make a complaint. We will listen to feedback and respond appropriately to compliments and criticism we receive.
Finally, we will be available to you if you have any questions or feedback, or if you wish to make a complaint. Call us on 020 8977 7571 or email email@example.com.