20 for 20
To help BCT celebrate itsÂ 20th anniversary, why not hold a special fundraising event? There are all sorts of ways you could do this, but here are 20 ideas to get you started.
- Travel 20 miles â€“ Walk, run, cycle, row or skateboard â€“ the choice is yours! Get sponsored to do it.
- Swim 20k â€“ Get a team together and swim lengths of the local swimming pool, as a relay. Again, get sponsored.
- Bake 20 cakes â€“ Hold a bake sale after church on Sunday or a coffee-and-cakes morning on a Saturday. Have a little info about BCT on display and invite donations.
- Stay silent for 20 hours â€“ Ideal for children and talkative adults!
- Dance to 20 songs â€“ Hold a ceilidh. Book a band and a dance caller, invite everyone you know and have a fantastic evening. Raise a bit of cash for BCT while youâ€™re at it.
- Go meat free for 20 days â€“ Could be another sponsorship idea, or you could just save the money you would have spent on meat, and give that to BCT.
- Wash 20 cars â€“ A great idea for youth groups in particular. If you charge ÂŁ5 per car and wash 20 cars, youâ€™ll raise ÂŁ100 for us. Lovely!
- Cook for 20 friends â€“ Hold a fundraising supper or breakfast. Give a five-minute presentation about BCT and encourage your guests to make a donation. You could even cook some authentic Congolese, Rwandan or Zambian cuisine, for a little taste of what life is like for our partners.
- Give away 20 items of clothing â€“ Arrange a clothing swap shop, with everyone bringing a few items of clothing they no longer want and helping themselves to something new, in exchange for a donation to BCT. Serve drinks and nibbles.
- Make 20 promises â€“ Find friends who are willing to pledge specific favours, and auction these promises. For example, a morning of gardening, an evening of babysitting or cooking a meal are always popular.
- Ask 20 questions â€“ Hold a quiz night fundraiser. An old idea, but always a winner, especially if you lay on some simple food, too.
- Donâ€™t shave for 20 days â€“ For non-beardy blokes. Perhaps get a gang of you taking part and see who can grow the most impressive face fuzz over the 20 days.
- Go without make-up for 20 days â€“ 20 days of the natural look. Reckon you can take it?
- Collect 20ps â€“ Get your churchâ€™s childrenâ€™s group involved. Give each of them a tube of Smarties and challenge them to fill it with 20p pieces (once theyâ€™ve eaten the sweets!).
- Stay out for 20 hours â€“ Get sponsored to sleep out for BCT. Get an insight into what daily life is like for children living on the streets of Goma.
- Sing 20 songs â€“ Have a karaoke night. Itâ€™s loads of fun, especially with a good crowd of people.
- Unplug for 20 days â€“ Go without all electronic devices â€“ phones, laptops, tablets and game consoles. A real challenge for the technophiles!
- Read 20 Bible books â€“ How about a sponsored Bible reading? Read aloud, in shifts. We hear it takes around 18 hours to read the whole New Testament, reading at normal speed.
- Score 20 goals â€“ A football marathon is bound to get the sporty types in your church excited. Youâ€™ll need a pitch, plenty of snacks and drinks, and volunteers to referee and treat minor injuries.
- Knit 20 jumpers â€“ A sponsored knit? Well, why not?
If you’re planning a fundraising event, please get in touch and let us know what you’re up to. And check out our mainÂ fundraising page for some important info and advice.