The Bethany Children’s Trust understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and our obligations under the law.
- 1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|means collectively all information that you submit to BCT via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;|
|means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;|
“The Bethany Children’s Trust” or “BCT”
|means The Bethany Children’s Trust of Office 211, 22 Eden Street, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1DN;|
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
|means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;|
|means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by BCT and acting in the course of their employment; and|
|means the website that you are currently using (www.bethanychildrenstrust.org.uk and any sub-domains of this site) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.|
|means The Bethany Children’s Trust, a charity registered in England under 1073817, whose registered address is given above.|
- 2. Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of BCT and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites (whether we provide these links or whether they are shared by other Users). We have no control over how your data is collected, stored or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
- 3. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- 3.1 name;
- 3.2 date of birth;
- 3.3 gender;
- 3.4 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 3.5 demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- 3.6 financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- 3.7 IP address (automatically collected);
- 3.8 web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- 3.9 operating system (automatically collected);
- 3.10 a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- 4. Our Use of Data
- 4.1 All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see Clause 11 below.
- 4.2 Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- 4.2.1 internal record keeping;
- 4.2.2 transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- 4.2.3 contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
- 4.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email, telephone or post with information, news and offers on Our products and services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
- 4.4 We only keep your data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- 4.5 In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
- 5. Third Party Websites and Services
- 5.1 BCT may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, these third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- 5.2 Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that BCT requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 6. Links to Other Websites
- 7. Controlling Use of Your Data
- 7.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- 7.1.1 use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- 7.1.2 sharing Data with third parties.
- In particular, We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails and at the point of providing your details).
- 7.2 You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- 8. Your Right to Withhold Information
- 8.1 You may access the Website without providing any Data at all.
- 9. Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by BCT (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £10. To do so please contact us on email@example.com or you can write to us at:
22 Eden Street
Kingston Upon Thames
Data security is of great importance to BCT and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website. Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet.
- 11. Cookies
- 11.2 By using this Website you may receive certain third party Cookies on your computer. Third party cookies are those placed by websites and/or parties other than BCT. Third party cookies are used on this Website for analytics and allowing you to share or like the page on places such as Facebook, and are detailed in full below. These cookies are not integral to the services provided by the Website.
- 11.3 All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- 11.4 Before any Cookies are placed on your computer, subject to sub-Clause 11.5 and sub-Clause 11.8, you will be presented with a pop-up message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling BCT to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended. You will be given the opportunity to allow only first party Cookies and block third party Cookies.
- 11.5 Certain features of the Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. These Cookies are shown below. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed below.
- 11.6 The following first party Cookies may be placed on your computer:
Name of Cookie Purpose Strictly Necessary no first party cookies are used at present – –
and the following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer:
- 11.7 This Website uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how Users use the Website. This, in turn, enables us to improve the Website. You do not have to allow us to use these Cookies, as detailed below, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of the Website, it does enable us to continually improve our website.
- 11.9 The analytics services used by this Website use the following Cookies:
Name of Cookie First / Third Party Provider Purpose __utma 3rd Google.com Analytics __utmb 3rd Google.com Analytics __utmc 3rd Google.com Analytics __utmz 3rd Google.com Analytics
- 11.10 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- 11.11 You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- 11.12 It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- 12. Changes to this Policy
BCT reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.
- 13. About Us
This Website is owned and operated by The Bethany Children’s Trust, a registered charity, whose registered address is Office 211, 22 Eden Street, Kingston Upon Thames, KT1 1DN.